- 2 whole lobsters weighing about 500 g each
- 300 g (mixed) of fresh piennolo del Vesuvio DOP tomatoes and yellow datterini tomatoes
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 handful of capers
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- fresh basil leaves, to taste
Piennolo del Vesuvio DOP tomatoes are unique: small, pointed at one end, they are picked slightly green and woven together into a bunch where they are stored, hung, as summer fades into autumn and then winter. Their flavour is so bright, so intense, they truly are like no other tomato. Your lobster wouldn’t want to settle for any less!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Boil the 2 lobsters. When they are cooked, cut them and remove the meat.
Slice the boiled potatoes, dress them with the white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and very lightly crush them with a fork.
Take the Piennolo del Vesuvio and the yellow datterini tomatoes, wash them and cut them in half; arrange them on a plate. Dress with salt, a teaspoon of mustard, extra virgin olive oil and the capers.
Add the lobster meat and sliced red onion, garnish with the basil leaves and serve.